Why Non Surgical Spinal Decompression?
Low back pain will be experienced by upwards of 80% of the population at one time or another throughout their lives. Neck pain and stiffness is becoming even more prevalent as well with the amount of computer and office work done. One of the most common reasons for this is something called degenerative disc disease or slipped disc. Slipped disc doesn’t just happen to someone that is old. Many in their 30s and 40s experience this problem and it can create symptoms like:
– severe back pain that doesn’t go away with medications or massage
– lower back pain, numbness or weakness that moves into buttock, legs and or feet
– neck pain or stiffness with pain/aches in the shoulder blade area
– neck pain or stiffness that also produces numbness in the shoulders, arms or fingers.
– being unable to feel your feet properly due to numbness
– being unable to hold chopsticks in fingers due to weakness.
Spinal disc bulges (another name for slipped disc) that compress spinal nerves that can create all the symptoms listed above. If this has been diagnosed as the cause of the symptom then there are really only 2 possible longer term solutions:
- Spinal decompression surgically or
- Spinal decompression NON- surgically
All other solutions including massage, acupuncture, physiotherapy (all of which can be beneficial temporarily), medications, jabs do not address the main cause, i.e. the spinal nerve compression.
A vast majority of patients come to our clinics as they wish to avoid costly and risky surgical procedures.
Contact us now to find out how we can help you. Check our promotions page to see if we are currently running one that you qualify for!
Doctor’s of Advanced Pain Centres.